HYC’s main clubhouse is a two-story modern building with a formal dining room with seating for 108 guests, along with an informal dining area and lounge to seat 84 guests. The lounge is equipped with two cable TV’s for viewing weather channels and sporting events. Other offerings and services include:
- Excellent physical location with close proximity to boatyards, fuel, and easy access to the waters of Hampton Roads, the Chesapeake Bay, the Intracoastal Waterway, and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Extensive dockage on the Hampton River with 200 floating concrete slips equipped with power and water. Dry Storage is available for Dinghies and One-Design or other boats 35’ in length and weigh less than 10,000 lbs in a sailing condition.
- HYC has launching for boats including a floating dinghy ramp, three cranes (1 ton, 2 ton, and 5 ton)
- Credit dining without the need of a credit card. However, VISA and MasterCard credit cards are honored.
- Bring-Your-Own-Bottle privileges with bottle lockers available for members.
- Private parking with special efforts made to reserve parking for members during high activity seasons.
- The Club’s facilities are available to members for private parties.
- Purchase of clothing with emblem of HYC burgee.
- Reduced Boat/US Sailing membership dues.
Brady Sailing Center
The Thomas Brady Sailing Center houses classrooms, sail storage, workspace, and the office of the Sailing Director. The center is designed to enhance the Junior and Adult Sailing Programs and is also utilized for regatta hosting and management.
Hampton Yacht Club is located in beautiful Downtown Hampton.
Directions from Nearest Major Highway
From I-64 West Take the 2nd exit after the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, the Woodland Rd exit (Exit #267). At the bottom of the exit ramp, take a left on Settler’s Landing Rd. Cross the bridge over Hampton Creek, travel past Air & Space Museum on the left, turn left at Bridge Street. Go about 1/2 mile, the Hampton Yacht Club will on the left, behind the big cannon.
From I-64 East Take the Hampton University/Settler’s Landing Rd exit (Exit #267). At the bottom of the exit ramp, take a right on Settler’s Landing Rd. Cross the bridge over Hampton Creek, travel past Air & Space Museum on the left, turn left at Bridge Street. Go about 1/2 mile, the Hampton Yacht Club will on the left, behind the big cannon.
Visiting Yachters Information:
Like most US yacht clubs HYC is a member of Yachting Club of America (ycaol.com). Registered clubs normally offer reciprocity to other club’s members which typically includes use of the club’s facilities and the ability to rent transient dockage on a space available basis. The YCoA book which lists member clubs and their offerings is available in the club office. Member clubs include Southern Yacht Club in New Orleans, San Diego Yacht Club, and many more.
Additionally, HYC has historically had special arrangements with a few Bay clubs which offer limited free dockage. These include:
One free night per month:
- Fishing Bay YC
- Mathews Yacht Club
- Rappahannock YC
- Two Rivers YC
- Warwick YCC
Second night free:
- Indian Creek YCC
- Gibson Island Sailing Squadron
One free night per year:
- Seaford YC
One night free per quarter plus courtesy billing:
- Norfolk YCC
- Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club
It is always advisable to contact a club ahead of time to insure availability.