Spring/Summer 2021 Sailing Instructors and Race Coaches
About Us: Hampton Yacht Club is the region’s premier sailing center based on the downtown Hampton waterfront. Our programs focus on education, training, and performance for children ages 6 to 18. Instruction takes place in our Optis, RS Fevas, ILCA Radial, c420s, i420, and Sonars.
Job Description: We are looking for full-time and part-time race coaches and instructors for our 2021 summer and spring sessions ! We are open to hiring international sailors and will provide housing, however, you must be able to pay for your travel VISA.
- Instruction in our youth summer programs (weekend regattas if you are a Race Coach).
- Occasional help in our adult programs, when needed.
- Ensuring a safe, organized, and educational waterfront and fleet.
- Necessary seamanship skills (upkeep of boats, equipment, and facilities).
- Help prepare and plan activities, chalk talks, etc. each day.
- Being able to start beginning of June for Summer Programs.
- Other responsibilities considered necessary to meet the goals of Hampton Yacht Club.
- Self-motivated team player
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Strong background and experience in sailing, especially in particular class if applying for the Race Coaching positions
- Previous experiences in instructing/coaching sailing and a commitment to teaching is preferred
- Must hold at minimum a US Sailing Level 1 certification or International equivalent
- Must hold current CPR/First Aid certifications
Compensation: Is negotiable, competitive, and commensurate with experience
Contact: Interested candidates should send a work resume and sailing resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.