ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Hampton Yacht Club has an immediate opening for an ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER.
HYC is a member owned 401(C)7 not for profit yacht club with 600 members located on the lower Chesapeake Bay. The Club had a 2019 gross income in excess of $2.2 million and offers over 200 boat slips, dry sailing opportunities, sailing educational programs, two restaurants along with ancillary facilities for its members. Additional information on the Club and its programs may be found on the Club Web site: https://hamptonyc.com
The Assistant General Manager will report to the Club General Manager and be involved in all aspects of the Club operations including budgeting, staff training and oversite, member support, profit and loss analysis, support for the Board of Directors and various committees and be able to manage all aspects of the Club in the absence of the General Manager.
HYC is looking for a candidate with strong non-profit accounting background, three (3) years supervisory food and beverage experience preferred, proven personal supervisory abilities, and interpersonal skills required for a high level of member support. Bachelor’s degree preferred. A candidate that can demonstrate the ability to initiate and carry out innovate programs to further HYC’s objectives and goals will be welcome.
Interested applicant should submit resumes by May 21st to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Assistant General Manager
FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER
Hampton Yacht Club. has an immediate opening for an FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER.
HYC is a member owned 501(C)7 not for profit yacht club with 600 members located on the lower Chesapeake Bay. The Club had a 2019 gross income in excess of $2.2 million and operates over 200 boat slips, sailing educational programs, along with two restaurants. Additional information on the Club may be found on the club web site: https://hamptonyc.com
The Bookkeeper will report to the Club General Manager and be involved in all aspects of the Club accounting operations including budgeting, member support, payroll, financial reporting and human resources. The position will involve hands-on involvement in the Club’s operations.
HYC is looking for a candidate with five (5) years’ experience in a bookkeeping role. Experience in a non-profit environment and food and beverage industry is a plus. An associate degree in accounting is preferred.
Interested applicant should submit resumes by May 15, 2021 to: email@example.com Subject line Bookkeeper
Spring/Summer 2021 Sailing Instructors and Race Coaches
About Us: Hampton Yacht Club is the region’s premier sailing center based on the downtown Hampton waterfront. Our programs focus on education, training, and performance for children ages 6 to 18. Instruction takes place in our Optis, RS Fevas, ILCA Radial, c420s, i420, and Sonars.
Job Description: We are looking for full-time and part-time race coaches and instructors for our 2021 summer and spring sessions ! We are open to hiring international sailors and will provide housing, however, you must be able to pay for your travel VISA.
- Instruction in our youth summer programs (weekend regattas if you are a Race Coach).
- Occasional help in our adult programs, when needed.
- Ensuring a safe, organized, and educational waterfront and fleet.
- Necessary seamanship skills (upkeep of boats, equipment, and facilities).
- Help prepare and plan activities, chalk talks, etc. each day.
- Being able to start beginning of June for Summer Programs.
- Other responsibilities considered necessary to meet the goals of Hampton Yacht Club.
- Self-motivated team player
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Strong background and experience in sailing, especially in particular class if applying for the Race Coaching positions
- Previous experiences in instructing/coaching sailing and a commitment to teaching is preferred
- Must hold at minimum a US Sailing Level 1 certification or International equivalent
- Must hold current CPR/First Aid certifications
Compensation: Is negotiable, competitive, and commensurate with experience
Contact: Interested candidates should send a work resume and sailing resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.