Summer 2020 Sailing Instructors and Race Coaches
About Us: Hampton Yacht Club is the region’s premier sailing center based on the downtown Hampton waterfront. Our programs include Explorer, Opti Level 1, Intro to Opti Racing, Doublehanded Level 1, Intro to DH Racing, Messing About in Boats, Opti Racing (RWB & Green Fleet) and c420 Race Team. Our programs enroll children ages 6 to 18. Instruction takes place in our Optis, RS Fevas, c420s and Sonars.
Job Description: We are looking for full-time sailing race coaches and instructors for our 2020 summer camp season! We are open to hiring international sailors and will provide housing, however, you must be able to pay for your travel VISA. Classes run from the middle of June through the middle of August and range from beginning sailing to racing. Responsibilities include:
- Instruction in our youth summer camps (weekend regattas if you are a Race Coach).
- Occasional help in our adult programs, when needed.
- Ensuring a safe, organized, and educational waterfront and fleet.
- Necessary seamanship skills (upkeep of boats, equipment, and facilities).
- Help prepare and plan activities, chalk talks, etc. each day.
- Being able to start June 8th and continue through to August 16th.
- Other responsibilities considered necessary to meet the goals of Hampton Yacht Club.
- Self-motivated team player
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Strong background and experience in sailing, especially if applying for the Race Coaching positions
- Previous experiences in instructing/coaching sailing and a commitment to teaching is preferred
- Must hold US Sailing Level 1 certification or International equivalent
- Must hold current CPR/First Aid certifications
Compensation: Is negotiable, competitive, and commensurate with experience
Contact: Interested candidates should send a work resume and sailing resume via email to the Sailing Director.