At long last, I come to you with good news. Full-service patio dining will recommence at HYC on Thursday evening, June 4! Board members and Management have been working hard in the background to bring service back to the patio. But, believe me when I tell you that it’s been akin to opening a brand new restaurant.
The staffing, logistical and regulatory environment is vastly different than when we shut down service in March. So, the look and feel of “full service” may be different than what you expect, and I ask for your patience as we work through the inevitable foibles. The hours of club operation, hours of food service, hours of patio service, and menu will change beginning this Sunday. And we fully expect that when Virginia enters Phase II of the Governor’s Reopening Plan hopefully later in June, HYC’s operation will change yet again. So, this is an interim plan until we can respond to Phase II guidelines.
Here’s what you should know:
New Hours of Operation, beginning Sunday, May 31
Sunday – 11:30am to 3:00pm, Curbside to Go Menu, No Service on the Patio
Monday – 11:30am to 7:00pm, Curbside to Go Menu, No Service on the Patio
Tuesday – No Food Service, Administrative Offices Open 9am to 3pm
Wednesday – 11:30am to 7:00pm, Curbside to Go Menu, No Service on the Patio
Thursday – 11:30am to 2:00pm (lunch), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (dinner), Full Service on the Patio lunch & dinner, Curbside to Go Menu available
Friday – 11:30am to 2:00pm (lunch), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (dinner), Full Service on the Patio lunch & dinner, Curbside to Go Menu available
Saturday – 11:30am to 2:00pm (lunch), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (dinner), Full Service on the Patio lunch & dinner, Curbside to Go Menu available
- Reservations are not required, but will be accepted by calling the club at 722-0711.
- Tables and chairs may not be moved or pushed together. The largest tables seat six.
- We have limited seating available; we ask that members kindly limit their occupation time at serviced tables to approximately one hour if there are other members waiting.
- Enhanced cleaning of tables, chairs, and the restrooms in the Administrative building will be conducted regularly to help keep you safe. Service will make use of disposable dishes, disposable utensils, disposable napkins and single use condiments.
Here’s what you must remember
- We are still in Phase I. If you are vulnerable to COVID 19, you are still safer at home. If you are exhibiting ANY symptoms of the disease, please do us all a favor and stay home! Do not endanger staff or fellow members.
- Staff will be wearing masks to keep you and themselves safe. Please consider wearing your mask when not eating and drinking. Masks are mandatory anytime when entering a building (e.g., to use the restroom).
- No gatherings of 10 or more people are allowed anywhere in the Commonwealth, and that includes all of HYC’s property. If you cannot social distance in your gathering, please don your mask. This rule applies if you are enjoying beverages around the patio, on the flag deck or at the north lot gazebo. Please know that the club’s restaurant license could be in jeopardy if members exhibit blatant disregard for this rule.
- Do not crowd the staff. They are risking their health to serve us, and we need to be cognizant and appreciative of their willingness to come to work each day.
We hope that you are able to enjoy the facilities next weekend, and that you do so safely. Thanks for your patience!
Leigh Chapman, Commodore