Hampton Yacht Club and the staff at the The Brady Sailing Center are monitoring the track of Hurricane Isaias as it’s predicted to make its way up the eastern seaboard into next week and will likely impact our area Monday evening into Tuesday.
*Due to storm prep there will be no Sonar usage Saturday or Sunday, we apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have a boat in the dinghy park at the south end of the HYC property please consider the following if you do not plan to remove the vessel before the storm:
- Securely Tie Hull to the Trailer/Dolly
- Drop the rig or ensure the rig is tight
- Utilize Cover Straps
- Tie the boat down using ground stakes
- Make sure boat can drain
*Any boats remaining Monday will be moved away from tree cover and relocated to the open field.
If you have a boat in Dry Storage at the middle or north end of the HYC property please consider the following if you do not plan to remove the vessel before the storm:
1.Securely Tie Hull to the Trailer
2.Ensure the rig is tight, Hatches Closed and Battened
3.Utilize Cover Straps
4.Chock Wheels and Make sure the Bow is positioned upright to allow to Drain and Bailers are Open
5.Boats located near the 5 ton Hoist: This area is prone to flooding with storm surge, please remove your vessel to the west end of the parking lot to prevent saltwater corrosion to your trailer. Please be careful of power lines when moving boats.
If you have a boat in a slip at HYC please consider the following if you do not plan to haul your vessel before the storm:
- Ensure to Tie Proper Cleat Hitches
- Protect your hull with proper sized fenders
- Replace Old or Deteriorated Dock Lines
- Double Lines with Chafe Guards and Tight Springs
DO NOT TIE TO FIXED PYLONS, TIE TO FLOATING DOCK
Have permission from adjoining slip owner before tying lines between or to the adjoining vessel
- Battery/Bilge System Working
- Remove or Secure Sails/Furlers
- Ensure the rig is tight, Covers are Tight, Hatches Closed and Battened
- Shore Power cords have enough throw to move without being too taught
- Dock Boxes Latched