2020 HYC Sonar Day
2020 HYC Sonar Day Notice of Race
- RULES – This race will be governed by the International Sailing Federation Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS 2021-2024) as adopted by the United States Sailing Association (US SAILING, the Sailing Instructions and any changes made during the Skippers Meeting on each race day).
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- The series is open to Sonar Class sailboats. Three boats or more to constitute a start. HYC members in the Adult or Junior Sailing Program are allowed to compete in the Sonar Class.
- All series entrants should notify their intent to race to the Sailing Director by completing a Sonar Reservation Form before October 23, 2020. There are six boats available and are on a first come first serve basis as the forms are received.
- FEES – All Competitors must be a Member of the HYC Adult Sailing Program or a Guest of the Reserving Member.
- The entry fee for the Adult Sailing Program can be paid in one of two ways: annual upfront fee of $180; or monthly commitment of $15 per month for one year.
- October 24, 2020
10:00AM Brief Skippers Meeting at the Brady Sailing Center
11:00AM- First Warning
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS – Sailing instructions will be posted on the HYC website no later than October 23, 2020.
- COURSES – The courses will consist of windward/ leewards with a gate.
- An offset may be used if fleets consist of more than six boats.
- PENALTY SYSTEM – Rule 44.1 is changed so that the Two-Turns Penalty is replaced by the One-Turn Penalty.
- SCORING – Scoring as per RRS Appendix A (the Low Point Scoring System) will be used.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY – All Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta. The Hampton Yacht Club and their members, volunteers, employees, officers and agents shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury that may occur to person(s) or property whether ashore or at sea as a consequence of the participation of any boat. ALL participants are required to fill out the HYC Release and Liability Waiver as well as Policies and Procedures.
- EQUIPMENT – All participants in the Sonar Regatta must wear a USCG approved PFD while sailing at all times.