Hampton Yacht Club, the premier yacht club for boating in the Southern Chesapeake Bay has an immediate opening for a Sailing Director. Sited on the Hampton Roads Harbor this area is rich in history and maritime tradition. The site of the famous Monitor and Merrimack clash during the Civil War, the harbor is now the world’s largest natural, year-round Deepwater port, and home to the world’s largest naval base.
The club’s Junior Sailing Program has produced racing champions at different levels of sailing worldwide. Many of these individuals have maintained their relationship with the Club since their sailing beginnings in our Junior Program. HYC promotes all levels of sailing from Club owned fleets of Optimists, RS Fevas, 420s, and Sonars, through One Design Racing and a strong PHRF racing circuit. Our members are also active in powerboat and sail cruising. HYC holds numerous well run and attended regattas from small One Design classes to big boats such as Southern Bay Race Week and the prestigious Down the Bay Race.
We are looking for a well-qualified candidate to fill this year-round, full-time position, with benefits, who exhibits the following skills and abilities:
- Experience managing sailing education programs, as well as being a proficient racing coach;
- Ability to manage and maintain Club fleet and related sailing equipment and infrastructure;
- Displays professional manner and enthusiasm for the private club environment, and adheres to the Club’s alcohol, drug and professional appearance policies;
- Demonstrates success as a program leader with excellent communication skills;
- Experience in teaching all levels of boating skills;
- Safe Sport and US Sailing Level 1 certified, at a minimum, with AED/CPR and First Aid Certification;
- Able to start immediately;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications and desktop publishing.
Reply to email@example.com. Successful applicants may be interviewed online or in person or by phone.