Facilities & Services
HYC’s main building is a two-story modern building with formal dining room with seating for 108 guests, along with an informal dining area and lounge to seat 84 guests. The lounge is equipped with two cable TV’s for viewing weather channels and sporting events such as the America’s Cup Races (and University of Virginia, Virginia Tech., and Redskins games).Other offerings and services include:
- Excellent physical location with close proximity to Hampton Roads, Chesapeake Bay the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Extensive dockage on the Hampton River with 200 floating concrete slips equipped with power and water. Storage racks available for dinghies and parking with launching facilities available for boats that are kept on trailers.
- HYC has three areas for storage launching and recovering boats including a dinghy floating ramp launch, a 1 ton crane and storage area and a 5 Ton and 2 Ton crane and storage are. Dry sail boat storage is available for boats up to 35’ in length and a weight less than 10,000 lbs in a sailing condition.
- Credit dining without the need of a credit card. However, VISA and MasterCard credit cards are honored.
- Bring-Your-Own-Bottle privileges with bottle lockers available for members.
- Auxiliary building used for Junior activities.
- Private parking with special efforts made to reserve parking for members during high activity seasons.
- The Club’s facilities are available to members for private parties.
- Purchase of sports clothing with emblem of HYC burgee.
- Reduced Boat/US membership dues.
- Thomas Brady Junior Building contains two instructional rooms, restrooms, changing rooms, equipment storage, and instructor offices.