At an emergency meeting of the HYC Board of Directors this morning, the Board determined that it is necessary to close the clubhouse immediately. While we are deeply saddened for our members and employees, this action is consistent with the Governor’s message to bars and restaurants yesterday. We will reevaluate the closure April 3, and at regular intervals thereafter, as necessary.
The club is excited to roll out a reworked Curbside To Go service for our members. A menu of select items is available.
· Menu is available on the home page of our web site and on our Facebook page (@hampton.yachtclub)
· Place your order by calling 722-0711, anytime between 9:00am and 6:45pm
· Let us know your preferred pickup time ANYTIME between 11:30am and 7:00pm
· Call the club when you arrive, and we will greet you at the main doors with hot, fresh food for you and your family
· Alternatively, we can deliver food to you on your boat, at our docks!
The details: The Main Clubhouse and Sailing Center are closed to everyone other than staff. The Administration Building bathrooms will be open with code, and will be intensely cleaned twice a day. The Business offices will be open to staff only; staff will remain available by phone to answer your questions and take food orders. The Waterfront will remain open! All special events are cancelled until April 3, and we will update you on the status of additional events in future emails.
I hope you’ll consider supporting your club through Curbside to Go! I also encourage you all to stay safe and carefully heed the recommendations of our government and the CDC. I’m hopeful that we’ll all be out on the water soon, but we have to work together to defeat this virus and that will take sacrifice on everyone’s part.